Monday 22 October 2018

Zentangle

Picked up this book at the library last week and now I am obsessed!

Did a few just trying it out and just copying things at first. I had to buy some micro pens in the end and that made all the difference in finished look.

Now I can see I need more input.   Checked out the "how to" on Tangle website.   You really have to concentrate and build up the patterns step by step and this site is completely free access to resources.  Adding colour is also exciting.

This is so relaxing in front of TV and log fire, especially  when the husband is watching motor sport or endless talent shows which I hate.  Tuesdays are my night for TV dominance. Great British Bake Off followed by Sky Arts Landscape Artist of the Year.  Last week was Fountains Abbey in Yorkshire so I did a Zentangle in celebration using the shapes of the Abbey ruins and the lovely grass meadows and trees shown!


This is quite a cheap activity.  Black micro pens cost £1 for 3, colour Gel pens 80p (The Works); sketch book pad or cards from my stash.  Or you can buy 75 special card tiles for £5 for small studies or good quality sketch books to use.   My son runs an Agile Stationary printing company and has stacks of off-cuts of good quality card so I will pick up some when next in London with them.

It is quoted as a "mindfullness" activity. But to me, it is formalizing all that doodling I used to do an agendas, minutes and information on statistics print outs I was handed at endless meetings.  Opps, should I admit that? after all  it was  public funded money and I covered many a paper!!


5 comments:

  1. Fabulous Trish.
    I've heard of Zentangle but never had a go.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a class on Zentangle and the rest is history! I’ve always been a doodler but this is so restful and as you say, not an expensive craft at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a relaxing pastime. I know what you mean about sport! Formula one driver me insane. So much waffle before, after and during😂 I will learn to crochet next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zentangle is meant to be a therapy? So I was told having been to a 'class'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very interesting. I have no artistic talent whatsoever. I admire yours.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete