Wednesday 20 November 2019

Logs and rats

Or Rats and logs - if you take the chronological order!
Went away for a few days and on return found that the old loo we had converted outside loo into a store had been invaded by a rat and our store of potatoes gnawed and the kindling in there popped on. B....... rat. 
But it all had to come out anyway as the next day the local log man was bringing us a lorry load. From the drive to the shed took all day, between showers

.

Got it all squared away, remaining bags moved to another location and the poison put out.

Next day my husband opened the garden tap to drain the last bit of water. It flowed. What happened I asked? Did you not turn it right off on the valve at the back of the shed after we cleaned up and before we put in the logs?

Apparently not.  Well, not fully off or some mumbled explanation.
Half of the lorry load will have to come out again.
I am not moving them again.
The ones that have to be moved are coming indoors once and for all.
I don't care about the stacks of logs littering the place I am only moving the ..... things into the fire.


I blame the rat.


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The ache in my hands from the shifting was lovely.....

      Delete
  2. Our neighbours used to store chicken food in their shed and during the winter the rats came out in force. I ended up having words because they were digging under my fence. Horrid things. Lots of good fuel at the ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuk, yuk, yuk. I absolutely hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sigh.... Rats! Double ugh! And the damage they caused. -sigh-

    Don't blame you for not wanting to lug logs again!

    🔥💛🔥

    ReplyDelete