Saturday 29 August 2020

Blasted by storm

 I think we were the only bit of the UK last night to get high winds. It blasted at 60 mph gusts for a while and wrote off a 4 year old ornamental cherry tree and loosened two apple trees because their stakes had rotted off. Runner bean frame work was flattened too.  Autumn has arrived.

An Image Of A Windy Day, Trees And Cloud, Blowing Wind Cartoon. Royalty  Free Cliparts, Vectors, And Stock Illustration. Image 96085096.

Decided to sit on settee for rest of today and read. Needing a new book I tried the county library e book service first 10 books I picked out of the catalogue listing all had waiting lists. Tried a new tack.  I went to page 456 and worked backwards through the catalogue! Success! I bet there are loads of good reads in the middle pages.   Bit like not going down certain aisles in the library?

From N.K. Jemisin to We Are the Nerds, Our Favorite End-of-Year Books |  WIRED




10 comments:

  1. Do you use Borrow Box through your local library. It's an electronic service. I love having library books at my finger tips. I'm currently reading The Catch which is the 4th book I've read by T M Logan. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours are ebooks with Libby or Overdrive software.

      Delete
  2. We can now go into the library to get our ordered materials instead of curbside pickup. All wearing masks. No browsing the aisles yet. I am reading Kate Atkinson at the moment. She's a good read if you like mystery/crime books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do they charge for ordered real life books? Ours is 60p a time which is a little steep in my estimation!

      Delete
  3. Sorry you lost the tree and hopefully the others come back okay.

    Still waiting for our library to open here as I am not too sure how to use the download. Must study up on that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a godsend but I do miss the actual holding of the printed page!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete