Saturday 12 September 2020

Let down.

 The September weather has been beautiful and my husband suggested a visit to the beach and a picnic after we had been to the DIY store on the way out of town. So excited as it was our first outing all summer to the beach (except once with family)!!!

Chairs, stove, emergency coat, fresh baguettes baked and packed, tea bags and milk, paddling shoes, book...... etc etc.  "Could you get my credit card from the desk upstairs Dearest?"  I rushed up and found it under some paperwork.  Slowly came back down.

"Just reassure me you taxed the car at the end of last month?" I asked.

"OH. I'll do it now on line".  Two minutes later. 

"It wont work. No MOT. I thought there was an extension due to Covid for 6 months? When did it run out?"

" The 3rd of this month like it says on the post it above your desk, dear. And the MOT extension ended on July 31st. Ring the garage."

Man laughed heartily. Next week mate. You and everyone else, I am fully booked.

Its very quiet. We are not talking.

Disappointed Retro Office Girl Employee Cartoon Stock Vector (Royalty Free)  1393252037




7 comments:

  1. Sorry you missed your trip to the beach. I hope it will happen soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha:) I can hear the silence here in the Antipodes:) You deserve a medal for patience and longsuffering

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops. Hope you get the MOT and everything done soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like our house, but it would me missing the date and hubby not talking to me. Sorry you missed your trip, sounds as if it's long overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no, sorry you missed the beach. I did check ours online after reading this to make sure we were in timescale. Thanks for the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, I am sorry you did not get to go to the beach. I had to laugh as my husband would have done the same thing... Is it a man thing?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The back garden and a wading pool , he serves you. Men!

    ReplyDelete