Wednesday 3 March 2021

Feel like a run down watch

 Anyone else in the doldrums at the moment? Feel like an old fashioned wind up watch that needs a new spring at present. 

Can't find the energy to rant at politics, injustice or bad business.

Can't concentrate on any TV offerings.

Can't quite believe in the dates of the Get out of Lockdown Road Map. Feels more like a bad game of Monopoly when I have no cards, no money, no houses elsewhere and the where the Go to Jail card is about to be played.

Can't get warm. One day of spring temperatures then back to damp cold.

Right that enough self pity. I shall share some pretty it is nearly Spring pictures and grow a backbone!!

Last of the sprouts picked and eaten

Plant some nice fresh broad beans instead

Enjoy the spring flowers especially the primroses

Take on a new garden project - replace the fencing down one side of the long garden
 (as far as you can see). 
50 posts to go in! (only physically capable of 3 to 5 in one day a week  - so unless lockdown ends soon and the children turn up we could be at this all summer!)





5 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I was never one to window shop or spend hours browsing. But now that luxury has been taken away from me I feel hard done by. We are so limited this time of year and in the current situation. I hope it warms up soon and your family are able to help you with your fencing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a long garden! Lots of work ahead for you both. When the sun shines, as it did today, I feel quite cheerful so, bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think many of us feel the same way, the recent sunny warm days were lovely, but now we are back to cold dull days, March weather wise is always a bitch month. As for freedom, it can't come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great deal of fence to replace. I love how big your garden is.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss just being able to curl up in a chair & read for several hours in my local library!!

    ReplyDelete