Friday 19 February 2021

Nearly better

 Thank you for the good wishes on my last blog.

Well its Friday and apart from the kung flu injection site being sore I think I am feeling OK. Well I did vacuum and I did empty the dishwasher before noon, so I must be better!  Wednesday night was bit wobbly and I cleared half a packet of paracetamol trying to get on top of the headache. Why would you want to do it again within 3 weeks when your arm is barely better? Far as I am concerned, good call Prof Whitty!

I shall view this like childbirth. Painful, swear you will never do it again at the time, and then 3 months later you think its a good idea and the bees knees. (My friend just sent me a lovely picture of  her first great grandchild which was a treat and reminded me some pains are beneficial!)

The weather is all over the place. We have had a few nice periods that could harbinger Spring and we get excited but then it turns cold again. I have a few crocus and lots of snowdrops and daffs are popping up in the grass areas.  When it was really cold I took advantage of the temperatures and put the contents of my freezer outside while I de frosted. We have ploughed through our  frozen summer crops quite well this year but I need to get on top of the fruit as I see the rhubarb is already starting to throw up some stalks.  The other thing I found too much of was chillies. About 3 lbs of long red ones. This year I must get them gone. Husband already sowing seeds for a new crop. The chilli jam has gone but we wasted half a jar and are not bothered. So I thought I would go for a chilli paste that you pop into cooking. 

https://itsnotcomplicatedrecipes.com/red-chilli-paste/

Think it will be a useful spice addition to next weeks meals.


 


3 comments:

  1. I,m still waiting for my vaccine .I,m busy planning next years veg garden , sorting through seed packets and seed catalogues.I,ve sown leeks and some mini sweet peppers .Yes my Rhubarb is beginning to come up too .I,m thinking about Rhubarb Crumble... mmmmmmm ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am waiting for my jab (probably not until April or May) and until that happens and even after I am playing safe.

    I bought some garden seeds this past week, and will keep my eyes open for more of what we want.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've just got a few bags of frozen tomatoes left from last year's glut. They'll get put in a bolognese or lasagne at some point. Everything else eaten now, in time for the new growing season. Which reminds me, I need to dig over the allotment this week now the weather is improving. Glad you're now feeling better after your injection.

    ReplyDelete